Saturday, June 16, 2007

Nifong is Disbarred!!!

I can't begin to describe how satisfying it is for me to hear that Nifong will be disbarred. Perhaps it is just because unethical and inappropriate behavior by proseuctors is a pet peeve of mine (and because Nifong was a particularly egregious example of that sort of behavior) but I almost feel like gloating about this result. (Though too bad I'll probably not see AG Gonzales disbarred, though he dserves it even more than Nifong).

It is too bad that most bad behavior by prosecutors goes unpunished and doesn't result in any slack for defendants who have been subjected to it. I'll probably post more about my thoughts (and problems with) certain prosecutors at some point, but for now, I'm just going to bask in the enjoyment of this one small victory for justice.

No comments: