Friday, January 25, 2008

Dems Can Kiss my FISA

Given the latest Democratic cave-in (hell, facilitation of) FISA immunity for the telecoms, I really could give a shit anymore, even about the presidential race. Neither Clinton nor Obama are showing any leadership on this (they didn't even bother to show up for the vote), so fuck them all. I'm seriously considering now whether even bothering to show up on election day. Congratulations, Dems, you just lost another voter for being pig-headed assholes.

2 comments:

hedera said...

I understand your frustration, but you are letting the perfect be the enemy of the good. Do you really WANT Mitt Romney or John McCain in the presidency? (Actually, if he weren't such a social neanderthal, McCain at least has integrity. But I'd still rather see Obama win.)

DBB said...

If I got to sit down and be dictator and pick who was the next president, I'd still pick Obama.

But I begin to wonder what it will really matter - the whole reason I don't want a Romney in the White House is exactly because of things like this FISA bill - it is the epitome of what I don't want going on - and if having the Dems in charge and an Obama candidate still doesn't stop things like this from happening, then I begin to wonder if it will really make that much difference who is in charge.

It was terribly annoying and disheartening to see Dems cave in as the minority party when they had enough votes to at least filibuster. It is ridiculous to see the Dems with the freaking majority do the same damn thing. Why did we want them in charge, again? Wasn't it to stop nonsense like this?

I just get so fed up. I did hear Obama said something about opposing this FISA bill, but given the importance of it, unless I see a front-page headline of how he's going off the campaign trail to personally participate, vocally, in the filibuster, I am not particularly impressed.