Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

It feels so strange for it to be 2009. Like, it's the FUTURE, with flying cars and cloning and such.

I really don't do New Year's Resolutions. I figure, if there is really something I want to change about my life, might as well start it when I think of it and am committed to it, rather than waiting for some arbitrary, artificial dividing line like a year change. No time like the present!

One thing I would like to do this year is get back to posting more here. And no, I did not wait until now to decide this or start - I started last year - look at the end of December!

Now that my son is almost one year old, sleeping through the night, and almost walking, there are far far less sleep-deprived days. On top of that, my three-year old is potty trained now (though still likes to wear diapers when she can and overnight), giving me even more time (when I'm not running to the bathroom with her). I'm getting settled in my new job, which I've been at now for almost six months. There is still a ton of work, but I'm feeling much better about it. I really enjoy what I do. I am finally doing some "real lawyerin'". Maybe one of these days I'll discuss what it is I actually do. I've sometimes wondered why be anonymous. Mostly it is for my family. There are work concerns as well, though frankly, what I say here isn't all that bad in that regard. I suppose most worrisome might be political views espoused or views about Michigan's courts. Those are the only subjects I think I'd feel more constrained on blogging about openly. Even there, though, I've not really said much most lawyer's in Michigan don't already know.

In short, I have more time now and I intend to use at least some of it here. Starting last year! Happy New Year!

No comments: