Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Book tag meme

I have been tagged. Specifically, the book tag requires:


1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the 5th Sentence.
4. Post the next 3 sentences.
5. Tag 5 people.

I'm terrible at tagging - usually anyone I could think of to tag has already been tagged upstream of me, though I will try. Consider yourself tagged if you read this.

I will have to update this with the book that is actually closest to my computer at home, since if I do it at work, all I have to pick up are books filled with case law. I think I know what book is sitting there right now. I'll update tonight.

UPDATE: Better late than never.

The leaves of the nearby trees fluttered in the light autumn wind, glimmering with their first touches of gold and red. Winter was coming; the first day of winter would soon be here. He thought about how he would get them across the boundary. They had to get one of the boxes of Orden, and when they found it, they would find Rahl.

========

Ok, so that is four sentences. So sue me. I just had to complete the paragraph. The book is Wizards First Rule by Terry Goodkind. It is the first in his Sword of Truth series. I'm reading it again. I've read it before. But it was years ago - I got haflway through the series (well all the way through the books at the time) but then other things took me away from getting the newer books, and now that I've gone and gotten them, I decided to reread from the begining rather than trust my memory of all of the books I've already read. Given the thickness and number of books, this should occupy me for a while. Though in about two weeks I'll be plenty "occupied."

No comments: