Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm Excited that Today has Finally Come!

Yes, April 22nd is finally here! I'm so excited! I know you are too! After all of the hoola and sniping and meaningless media stories, we finally get to experience the day of truth! Yes, it is Earth Day! Ahem. Ok, so there's also something else going on today. Some sort of "primary" in some state that starts with a "p". And ok, this is the real reason I'm thrilled this day is here - because I have a small hope that maybe today, finally, this will finally all be over with. If Clinton does not win by a huge margin, she's done. The delegate math makes her done a long time ago, but this would seal the deal. Sadly, if she does win big, she's still done by the delegate math, but the pain of the primary will continue. I'm mostly tuning it out - I'm not really watching any news on TV at all and I only hear bits and pieces through the internet blogs and such that I read. Of course, much of the blogsphere isn't all that better than the MSM - apparently, half of the Democratic primary voters are misogynist pigs and the other half are racist-assholes. Or something like that. Please shoot me now.

So my dream is that I'll wake up tomorrow morning to see a Clinton concession speech. Then I'll happily watch the news for a day before turning it all off again until after the November election to avoid the new round of bullshit that pretends to be important media coverage.

UNRELATED NOTE: This is apparently my 300th blog post. Do I get a cookie? I was going to say something with the 100th, but then forgot, then with the 200th, then I forgot. I guess it really is meaningless except to show that I have thought of bullshit to spew into the blogsphere at least 300 times (not counting all of the comments I have left here and elsewhere in blogtopia). So happy 300th post to me. I'll have chocolate chip, thanks.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I will burn -- er, I mean bake -- you a cookie. It will be cut from a tube of dough...

For something containing lemon zest, goat's milk, cinnamon made by monks, and the magic dust from a fairy's wings, consult Erin.

DBB said...

Come to think of it, I'd probably enjoy just eating the tube of dough. (Though I'd probably be sick later...)

Chickpea said...

I'll send you a cookie! Just as soon as I'm done studying for contracts (damn you, partially integrated documents)!

DBB said...

Well, within the four-corners of the cookie, you can find the chocolate chips - and you can't discuss any chips outside of the document (the parole evidence chips...)

But if within the four corners of the cookie you can't discern whether it is a chip or it is a nut, then you can look... ambiguities...

And has it struck you yet that so much of contract law is simply a reaction to insurance companies trying to screw over their customers?

Erin said...

Chocolate-chip has gotten so "blah" lately. Instead, I've been making what I call "kitchen sink" cookies because they have oats, dried cherries, dried cranberries, dried blueberries, dark chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips in them. (Plus, they are usually gone before the dishes are washed and put away!)