Thursday, January 22, 2009

The New Star Trek Movie Looks Cool

Ok, I don't really have much to say on this right now except that the new star trek movie (trailer here) looks really cool.

I've loved Star Trek since I was a kid. I think the franchise was getting tired. I really did not like the directions it was taken by Rick Berman. I much prefered where Ron Moore took it with Deep Space Nine. Berman was too safe and just would not get out of the box. Voyager stayed too much in the box.

The new movie looks like its totally taken itself out of the box, yet still sticks to the themes and characters that made people love the show. I, of course, haven't seen the movie yet, but I am really looking forward to it. I haven't gotten a Star Trek fix in a long while, though I got some mini-fixes by seeing the remastered, re-done effects for the original 1960s show. Those are really cool, and I'll have to write about them sometime when I have more time.

Suffice it to say that right now, I have high hopes and I can't wait until May.

No comments: