Thursday, March 29, 2007

Gonzales prediction

UPDATED
I predict Gonzales will be gone by the end of April. Any rational person would have fired him already, but we all know Bush is not all that rational when it comes to personnel decisions. There, ideology and loyalty trumps competence. Plus, whenever Bush has been forced to do things by reality, he usually is stubborn enough that he does it late enough that the damage done is maximized.

I think he'll be no different here, so while I think any sane president would have fired Gonzales already, I think he'll not give in to it until the end of April at the earliest. I'll be happy if I'm wrong - I want Gonzales out now, but I won't be surprised if I'm right.

UPDATE: Well, since the GOP just halted testimony today, after Sampson threw Gonzales overboard, maybe I'm wrong, maybe Gonzales will go down sooner just to save Rove's ass.

No comments: