Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sick and Tired

Literally. Ok, I'm not sick, but I am tired. My two children, ages 3 1/2 and 13 months, have been sick over the past two weeks. It has been generally miserable. Gallons of vomit. Buckets of almost pure liquid poop. First one sick than the other. And on top of that, an alarming blood test for the little one, my son, that has led to many visits to the doctor in a deep concern that there could be something seriously wrong with him, like, well, cancer. Small chance, but being a parent, you worry.

So I've been busy with that over the past few weeks. Thankfully, they are now almost totally healthy, but we are still waiting on tests for my son. We'll know soon. I think he's probably ok, but better safe than sorry.

Things should hopefully be back to normal soon. Well, except for the like 5 (administrative) trials I have over the next six weeks. Hey, it is all good.

3 comments:

armagh444 said...

All my thoughts and good wishes to your little one.

DBB said...

Thanks! I appreciate that. I think he'll probably be ok, but it still hasn't been pleasant to see my normally smiling, happy, sweet little boy miserable and wailing for so long. He seems almost back to himself now, but may still have a double ear infection that won't quite go away.

armagh444 said...

It is never pleasant when they are sick, and it doesn't get any easier as they get older. My middle-schooler had pneumonia this past winter, and I fretted myself into the next county.