Sunday, November 22, 2009

Life Goes On

My life has not really changed much over the past few months - I've just had less time and energy to post here and so have given my time over to other things. Our nanny is working out - which is great. My son is approaching two years old (in three months) and he's starting his "terrible twos" - he gets into everything and can be very insistent on getting things. He's still mostly non-verbal - he points and whines. My daughter did the same up until just past two years old. Then she started talking up a storm and hasn't stopped since.

Speaking of my daughter, she's several months into 4 years old now and she occasionally listens to us, but usually not. She ended the terrible twos (which is really like the terrible almost-two-to-well-past-threes), but given her lack of listening, it isn't necessarily that much better. She at least can be reasoned with - sometimes. She knows her abcs and can read a few words, spell her name, and so forth. She's just about ready for Kindergarten, I think, except for maybe her attention span. It will be fun and scary when she starts school. I've already called the school to see what we need to do. There is a registration process and paperwork you have to do -it just seems strange to me because I don't remember ever having to do anything but show up when I went to school. But of course, that's the child's perspective - my parents would have dealt with that stuff. Approaching school from a parent's point of view will be a new thing. It will be strange, too, given that my job sometimes involves teachers - at a time when they definitely would not want to be seeing me.

So getting to my job - I've been at my current job for well over a year and I must say, despite some various issues unique to the times, I really love it and I hope to be doing it for the next few decades of my life. This is a job I would gladly do through retirement. I feel really lucky in that regard. Work is still work and I enjoy my time with my family or just doing fun things (i.e. gaming) but I enjoy my work, and that is a rare thing. I suppose that is partly why the compensation isn't what it would be in other lawyer jobs - can't have both a great job and good pay. But it is adequate.

And to gaming - I still play in two different games - one at home, one away. I have gotten the Pathfinder Core Book, and I really like it. I will probably post separately about it, if I get time. Thanksgiving may provide me an opportunity. Or maybe I'll do it tonight.

As my energy and time return, I'll post more here. I know I will - I have plenty to say. I hope someone will read it.

No comments: